Message from Ed Boesiger & Jonathan Wood, AMS Organizing Committee Members, Lockheed Martin Space, 2nd April, 2020
Dear Aerospace Mechanisms Community,
As we stated in a previous email, we have decided to postpone the 45th Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium in light of the COVID 19 situation.
So in this different year, we will hold it at a completely different time – The symposium will now be held 2 Dec through 4 Dec, 2020. The symposium program will be unchanged, except for some Holiday happenings around us. We hope you will be able to attend on this revised date. Please review the information below for additional details. The www.aeromechanisms.com website is quickly being updated with the new program and hotel links.
- If you have not yet registered, and wish to attend, please visit aeromechanisms.com and register for the symposium
- If you have already registered, and still wish to attend, do nothing; your registration will remain in force
- If you have already registered and can not attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide a full refund with no cancellation charge through 1 May 2020
The symposium is being held at the same Omni Hotel as orginally planned. If you have made a reservation for a room at the hotel, that reservation has been cancelled. Use the new hotel registration link (https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/houston/meetings/aerospace-mechanisms-symposium-11302020) provided at aeromechanisms.com to create a new reservation. IMPORTANT: Your hotel reservation will not be moved by the hotel, you must cancel and re-book.
Classes will be moved as well. Please contact the class provider for more details on the specific class you registered for. Contact info for the classes can be found at aeromechanisms.com.
To our valued authors: If you are unable to attend the new date, please ask a co-author or colleague to present on your behalf. If you will not be able to attend, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your cooperation. We wish you good health and safety during this uncertain time.
On behalf of the AMS committee,
Ed Boesiger & Jonathan Wood
Message from Jonathan Wood, AMS Organizing Committee Member, Lockheed Martin Space, 12th March, 2020
45th AMS – COVID 19 Update
I am sure you are wondering about our plans for the 45th Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium, in light of the issues and travel restrictions associated with the COVID 19 outbreak. It is looking very likely that there will be travel restrictions and restrictions against large group events well into May, so we understand your reluctance to register for the symposium at this time.
At this point, the organizing committee is actively looking at postponing the symposium, but have not yet identified a final date. We wanted to provide this update now, so you will know that we are working the issue, and there will be more info to come. At this point we are asking that If you have already registered, please wait before cancelling, as we are still working out the details for postponing the event, and will provide more info as soon as it is available.
Thanks for your consideration during this uncertain time.
AMS Organizing Committee Member, Lockheed Martin Space
45th AEROSPACE MECHANISMS SYMPOSIUM
MAY 13-15, 2020. Houston, Texas
Sponsored and Organized by the Mechanisms Education Association in cooperation with NASA Johnson Space Center and Lockheed Martin Space.
Registration for the 45th Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium is now open on www.aeromechanisms.com. This year’s symposium will be at the Omni Houston Hotel in Houston, Texas, 13 May 2020 through 15 May 2020, and will feature paper presentations, posters, supplier booths at the reception, FIRST robotic teams, and a banquet under dinosaurs. We will also have two great special presentations, one on an amazingly scary spacewalk and the other by an experienced astronaut, and tours of NASA open to all. Price for the symposium is the same as previous symposium – doing our best to resist inflation.
Some important items to note:
- Early registration ends on 19 April 2020. Prices increase from $750 to $850 after that date.
- Make your hotel room reservation at the Omni Houston Hotel by 20 April 2020. We have a block of rooms reserved at a reduced rate, which is government per diem rate, until that date. There is a link to do the reservation and get the special pricing in the program or on website
- Two tours are offered, one of NASA JSC on a private tram tour that is limited to first 261 persons to sign up and pay registration. The other is admission to Space Center Houston.
- There are 3 workshops prior to the AMS to choose from – Space Mechanisms and Compliant Mechanisms Design both by LaunchSpace, and Fundamentals and Mechanics of Rolling-Element Bearings by Halpin Engineering.
- The preliminary program is posted on the website with these details.
The Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium is concerned with the problems of design, fabrication, test, and operational use of aerospace mechanisms. Unlike many other conferences, the emphasis is on hardware developments. Come and learn and meet your mechanisms colleagues from around the world.