45th AEROSPACE MECHANISMS SYMPOSIUM
MAY 13-15, 2020. Houston, Texas
Sponsored and Organized by the Mechanisms Education Association in cooperation with NASA Johnson Space Center and Lockheed Martin Space.
Registration for the 45th Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium is now open on www.aeromechanisms.com. This year’s symposium will be at the Omni Houston Hotel in Houston, Texas, 13 May 2020 through 15 May 2020, and will feature paper presentations, posters, supplier booths at the reception, FIRST robotic teams, and a banquet under dinosaurs. We will also have two great special presentations, one on an amazingly scary spacewalk and the other by an experienced astronaut, and tours of NASA open to all. Price for the symposium is the same as previous symposium – doing our best to resist inflation.
Some important items to note:
- Early registration ends on 19 April 2020. Prices increase from $750 to $850 after that date.
- Make your hotel room reservation at the Omni Houston Hotel by 20 April 2020. We have a block of rooms reserved at a reduced rate, which is government per diem rate, until that date. There is a link to do the reservation and get the special pricing in the program or on website
- Two tours are offered, one of NASA JSC on a private tram tour that is limited to first 261 persons to sign up and pay registration. The other is admission to Space Center Houston.
- There are 3 workshops prior to the AMS to choose from – Space Mechanisms and Compliant Mechanisms Design both by LaunchSpace, and Fundamentals and Mechanics of Rolling-Element Bearings by Halpin Engineering.
- The preliminary program is posted on the website with these details.
The Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium is concerned with the problems of design, fabrication, test, and operational use of aerospace mechanisms. Unlike many other conferences, the emphasis is on hardware developments. Come and learn and meet your mechanisms colleagues from around the world.