45th Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium
Message from Ed Boesiger Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium General Chairman
Sadly another impact of the pandemic. We have cancelled the 45th Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium that was scheduled for December 2020. The health and safety of the world’s mechanisms engineers is clearly more important.
Proceedings: We appreciate all the work that the authors did for the papers for the 45th AMS and will be publishing the proceedings online. We all will miss the presentations and of course the discussions, but we did add email addresses for the authors on the papers in case you do have questions for them.
Courses: The bearing course, compliant mechanism course and the space vehicle mechanisms course will all be held online and virtual. Note that the compliant mechanism course will have a change of date to Dec 2-3, 2020. We will keep the links to registration on our website and included below:
Space Vehicle Mechanisms: https://www.launchspace.com/fundamentals-of-space-vehicle-mechanisms/
Compliant Mechanisms: https://www.launchspace.com/compliant-mechanism-design-course/
Please note the following regarding cancellation policies:
- Meeting: For those who registered and processed a payment, you will get a full refund at this point. Due to how payments/refunds are processed, we will need some info. Please send to Ron Mancini at email@example.com.
- USA registrants: Who the check is to be made out to, mailing address including ‘attention to’ if needed, phone number for someone at that address
- Non-USA registrants: all the required wire transfer information for Bank of America to send
- Hotel: On Wednesday, 16 September, the Omni hotel will automatically cancel all those who identified 45th AMS as the group. Please confirm with the hotel directly if you have questions.
- Airlines: Please note that flight reservations must be cancelled by the individual who booked the reservation. It is up to the individual airlines if they will waive change fees or issue credits.
46th Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium
We are hoping the world has gotten back to somewhat normal by 2022 and thus have scheduled the 46th Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium to be held on May 11-13, 2022 back in Houston, TX at the Omni Hotel.
Look for a call for papers next summer.
Ed Boesiger, P.E.
Mechanisms Education Association President & Aerospace Mechanisms Symposium General Chairman
LM Mechanisms Engineering Fellow / Next Gen OPIR & SBIRS Executive Engineer
Lockheed Martin Space