20th European Space Mechanisms
and Tribology Symposium
Organised by Astronika Sp z o.o.
20th - 22nd September, 2023
Effective date: 21st March 2022.
The European Space Agency (herein the “Agency” or “ESA”) is an intergovernmental organisation established by its Convention opened for signature in Paris on 30 May 1975 having its headquarters located at 24 rue du Général Bertrand, CS 30798, 75345 Paris Cedex 07, France.
Protection of Personal Data is of great importance for ESA, which strives to ensure a high level of protection as required by the ESA Framework on Personal Data Protection (herein the “ESA PDP Framework”) which applies in this field. ESA implements appropriate measures to preserve the rights of data subjects, to ensure the processing of personal data for specified and legitimate purposes, in a not excessive manner, as necessary for the purposes for which the personal data were collected or for which they are further processed, in conditions protecting confidentiality, integrity and safety of personal data and generally to implement the principles set forth in the PDP Framework, available at:
ESA PDP Framework is composed of the following elements:
- the Principles of Personal Data Protection, as adopted by ESA Council Resolution (ESA/C/CCLXVIII/Res.2 (Final)) adopted on 13 June 2017;
- the Rules of Procedure for the Data Protection Supervisory Authority, as adopted by ESA Council Resolution (ESA/C/CCLXVIII/Res.2 (Final)) adopted on 13 June 2017; and
- the Policy on Personal Data Protection adopted by Director General of ESA on 5 February 2018 and effective on 1 March 2018.
This notice is intended to inform you, as data subject, about
- the identity of the data controller and contact details of ESA Data Protection Officer (“DPO”);
- the type of personal data which is collected and processed;
- the modalities of collection of personal data;
- the purpose of the collection and processing;
- the recipients (if any) to whom the personal data of the data subject shall be disclosed;
- the time-limits for storing the personal data;
- the practical modalities of exercising the rights of the data subject under the ESA PDP Framework.
This notice is also enabling ESA to obtain your consent relating to the collection and further processing of your personal data, under ESA PDP Framework.
This privacy notice was last updated on: 21st March 2022.
Who is the Data Controller?
Your personal data is collected and further processed as shown below upon the decision taken alone by ESA
Thus, the Data Controller is ESA.
What are the contact details of ESA Data Protection Officer?
According to ESA PDP Framework, your first point of contact concerning personal data matters is the ESA Data Protection Officer (“DPO”), who may be contacted at DPO@esa.int.
What kind of personal data about you is collected and further processed?
The personal data which may be collected and further processed for the purposes mentioned below are in particular
- Company details
- Phone number
You are required not to send to the Agency any sensitive information (including information that indicate, directly or indirectly, an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, adhesion to unions, religious or philosophical beliefs, health life, sexual orientation, genetic or biometric data, criminal convictions).
How is your personal data collected or processed?
Your personal data may be collected by various means, including via:
- Registration to the European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium (ESMATS)
Why is your personal data collected and processed?
Your personal data are collected and further processed so that:
- to manage your relationship with the Agency as well as updating the European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium mailing list
- to highlight and promote the European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium, to communicate about the European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium as well as to promote similar events, in the future on any media
- to send you newsletters and new features in relation with the European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium or similar eventsto conduct surveys
- to communicate your personal data to third-party collaborators, contractors and/or partners involved in the organisation of the European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium (e.g. ESMATS Committee) or in the fulfilment of any of the other purposes
- other purposes that will be disclosed to the personnel when such information is requested
In addition to these purposes, the Agency may use your personal information for any of the purposes mentioned in Article 5 of the Policy on Personal Data Protection.
To whom might we disclose your personal data?
The Agency may disclose your personal data to any of the following third-party recipients for the fulfilment of all or part of the purposes of the collection and processing of personal data, which are mentioned above:
|Recipient acting as…||Servers and sub-processors of the recipient are located in|
|ATP Specials B.V.||The Netherlands|
THIRD PARTY IT TOOLS, INCLUDING SOCIAL MEDIA
Third party IT tools or social media may be used to inform you and to promote an activity (meeting, event). ESA websites may provide links to social media and videos may be available on ESA social media pages. If you view a video or interact with the social media or other websites, social media or third-party cookies are likely to be installed on your device, covered by third party Terms and Conditions and cookie policies. ESA has no influence over these. Carefully assess the privacy policies and Terms and Conditions prior to use regarding your data subject rights, further processing and to protection of your personal data.
The Agency does not consider your personal data as an asset for sale and, thus, does not sell your personal data to any third parties.
How long do we retain your personal data for?
The Agency may keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the above-mentioned purposes. Your Personal Data shall be deleted thereafter.
How can you erase, rectify, complete or amend your personal data?
The Agency is keen to collect and process accurate personal data and to keep it updated. You may request the erasure, rectification, completion, or amendment of your personal data if they are inaccurate or incomplete, in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and processed, or if they are processed in violation with the principles referred in the ESA PDP Framework.
If you choose to make a request for the erasure of personal data, you understand and agree that ESA cannot process the the European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium mailing list update.
IN CASE OF A DATA PROTECTION INCIDENT
In case of a data protection incident, you should contact ESA DPO, as first point of contact, by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you wish to submit a complaint, you are required to comply with the Rules of Procedure of the Supervisory Authority set forth by ESA PDP Framework. You will be required to demonstrate that a data protection incident occurred in relation to your personal data, following a decision of the Agency or at least to justify serious reasons to believe that such incident occurred.
The processing of personal data described in this privacy notice is based on your consent required when submitting the European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium registration form. You can withdraw such consent by requesting ESA to stop the processing. This will not affect the legitimacy of the personal data processing that took place prior to the withdrawal of user consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to ESA DPO at: email@example.com; copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
If users choose to withdraw their consent, they understand and agree that they will removed from the European Space Mechanisms and Tribology Symposium mailing list.