20th European Space Mechanisms
and Tribology Symposium
Organised by Astronika Sp z o.o.
20th - 22nd September, 2023
and Tribology Symposium
Organised by Astronika Sp z o.o.
20th - 22nd September, 2023
Call for Papers
- Deadline for Abstracts: 15th February 2023 – 23.59 CET time
- Authors’ Notification: 3rd April 2023
- Deadline for Authors’ Registration: 30th June 2023
- Deadline for Paper Delivery: 30th June 2023
The abstract submission shall include:
- Full title of the paper
- Names of all authors, affiliations and addresses
- Confirmation that at one author will register in full to attend and present the paper at ESMATS 2023
- A clear and precise outline of the novelty of the paper and major points of interest – max 450 words and a couple of figures or charts
- An indication as to whether a paper on the subject has previously been published
- An indication of presentation preference (oral or poster)
- An indication of subject category from the following options:
Category 1: Mechanisms Design, Analysis, Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Testing
Category 2: Components/Equipment
Category 3: Tribology and Materials
Category 4: Launch Vehicles
Category 5: In-Orbit Performance and Post-Flight Investigations
Category 6: Science Observatories, Earth Remote Sensing, and Planetary Exploration Mechanisms
Category 7: Space Platforms, Tethers, Re-entry Vehicle Mechanisms
Abstracts selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to space mechanisms and tribology
- Topic based on lessons learnt
- Topic based on hardware test results
- Originality/novelty of the innovation presented
- Quality and clarity of abstract
Deadline for Abstracts
Abstracts should be submitted online by 15th February 2023 via Oxford Abstracts website. Any related questions should be sent by email to email@example.com. Please ensure that any internal company approvals for publication are followed prior to abstract submission to assist with the efficient running of the symposium and avoid having to chase up late substitute or replacement papers.
Authors will be notified of the Organisation Committee’s decision by 3rd April 2023. Authors whose papers have been accepted will receive guidelines for the preparation of a paper for inclusion in the symposium proceedings that will be available to all participants at the symposium. The proceedings will only be available digitally via the past papers website.
Registration & Fees
Authors, exhibitors and participants are requested to register for the symposium on-line as early as possible to assist with the co-ordination of the symposium. This website will open for registration on 17th May 2023 and authors/presenters are requested to register by 30th June 2023.
Collection of your delegate badges and on-site registration at the venue can be made during these times:
- Tuesday 19th September 2023 – between 17:00 – 19:00
- Wednesday 20th September 2023 – between 08:30 – 17:30
- Thursday 21st September 2023 – between 08:30 – 17:30
- Friday 22nd September 2023 – between 08:30 – 13:00
Early registration fee by 30th June 2023: €680 + VAT* (23%)
Registration fee from 1st July 2023: €800 + VAT* (23%)
Included in the fee:
- Access to all presentations, posters, proceedings and exhibition area
- Conference materials and goodies
- Cocktail reception on Wednesday 20th September 2023
- Symposium dinner on Thursday 21st September 2023
- Lunches and coffee breaks during the conference proceedings
- Visit to Astronika Sp z.o.o facilities on Friday 22nd September 2023
Fees do not include accommodation and travel. Delegates are responsible for any costs incurred in respect to travel and accommodation.
Registration can be cancelled at a minimum administration fee of 50% per participant until 15th August 2023. Cancellations after this date are not eligible for refund. Substitution of participants is permitted.
Exhibitors Fee: €1,200 + VAT* (23%)
As usual this coming ESMATS will include an exhibition area where companies can display and exhibit their equipment and hardware. Each company will be allocated with a stand. Stands may differ in standard, so the “first come, first served” rule will apply.
To apply for exhibition space, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st May, 2023. Please mind that there is a limited number of exhibition spaces. Each submission will be reviewed by the organising committee. Once your exhibition position has been accepted and you have paid online, an exhibitor information pack will be distributed.
The exhibitor registration fee includes
- 1 x full delegate pass which includes a full conference pack, lunches and coffee break refreshments for the 3 days, access to the cocktail reception, symposium dinner and a visit to the Astronika facilities
- 1 exhibition space, 1 x table, 2 x chairs and power
For additional exhibition resources to hire please contact email@example.com
Cocktail Reception and Conference Dinner
The Cocktail reception will take place on Wednesday 20th September 2023 at the same venue as the ESMATS symposium; the Polin Museum of the History of Polish Jews (www.polin.pl).
The conference dinner on Thursday 21st September 2023 will be held at Arkady Kubickiego (Arkady Kubickiego – Wikipedia). Designed by the Polish architect Jakub Kubicki Arkady Kubickiego was originally erected between 1818 and 1821 but fell into decay and was completely renovated between 1995 and 2006, finally opening in 2009. Situated on a slope on the eastern side of the Royal Castle in Warsaw, Arkady Kubickiego was an integral part of the royal residence, matching the landscape layout of the royal gardens.
Both these events are included in the price for ESMATS but must be selected during the registration process.
Please note that recording devices are not permitted during the sessions. All papers presented at the symposium will be eligible for the «Best Presntation Award» – see ABOUT ESMATS
Language and Presentation Time
- The working language of the symposium will be English. For each paper presented orally, 15 minutes are allocated followed by 5 minutes for discussion.
- Posters will be displayed during the whole symposium in the exhibition area.
- Oral or poster presentations may be accompanied by the demonstration of novel mechanisms and products.
Technical Recommendations for Oral Presentations
- Presenters will be allocated an indicated time (please check the preliminary programme) per presentation – including time for questions – and are asked to follow their allocated presentation time including time for questions and discussions.
- Presentations in PPT or PDF format including any videos are to be delivered via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Friday 15th September 2023. If the presentation exceeds 10 MB (e.g. due to embedded videos for example) you will need to consider alternative means of delivering the completed presentation but the delivery date of 15th September 2023 shall be respected.
- Presenters are to ensure that any embedded videos function correctly prior to the start of their session. This will be done during the Author’s Preparation period which starts 30 minutes before morning or afternoon sessions (see agenda).
- Presenters shall arrive in the meeting room at least 10 minutes prior to the start of their session
- The presentations should contain clear information with appropriate font size that is legible from the back of the conference room.
- Hand-outs of your presentation will not be provided to the conference participants.
- A Windows PC will be available for the presentations. For performing the presentation, MS-Powerpoint or Adobe PDF Reader shall be used.
- Presenters shall return any wearable audio devices immediately after their session.
Technical Recommendations for Poster Presentations
- Presenters at the poster sessions shall bring their own printed posters. It is not possible to print a poster on site.
- Authors are strongly encouraged to produce a proper poster rather than using multiple sheets of A4 paper.
- The display area of the poster panels is A0 paper size (84 cm wide x 119 cm high)..
- Poster numbers (according to the conference programme) will be noted on the wall panels.
- Presenters shall be available at all the poster sessions near their poster for the duration of the poster sessions in order to answer to conference delegates questions
- Posters shall be displayed for the duration of the conference.
Additional information relating to good presentation practise can be found on the presentation guide page
Template for Full Paper Delivery
- Presenters are requested to use the templates provided (both MS Word and PDF formats are provided) for formatting their paper.
Final due date for delivery of the paper is Friday 30th June 2023 in order to be included in the proceedings. Late submissions will not be accepted except by prior agreement.
(*) Polish VAT is charged at 23%, credit card and other forms of payments fees may apply during the booking process.